Thursday, June 28, 2007

Pollution and jobs


Adding a job to my life will mean so much. Structure, feelings of self-worth, money. No forget the last bit. Some money. Seeing that I'll be an I-N-T-E-R-N (same thing as R-E-S-P-E-C-T, only the opposite). But it's a start. A promising and fun start.

Next week I'll be working with things that I care about. The environment, issues between Africa and the west. I'll be all smug at home like 'you just go ahead and work in aeronautics, contributing to pollution and war.' Nevertheless, if Eurocopter offered me a well paid job I would probably take it.

The human nature is by definition selfish as A. would argue in the comments field. I agree but with one exception- my friend J. She isn't. She is the only one I know who calculates how much she pollutes the air by taking the plane and makes up for it by other gestures. I'm doing the same this summer. According to some calculation I found on the internet G. and I need to pay 9.80 euros for our air plane pollution between Sweden and France. It's reinvested in environmental projects. But it's not a lot. I might add by not separating the clothes by colour for the washing machine. Well, at least not G's clothes.

Damn it, A's right.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have nothing to add to this

Unknown said...

Nope! I still got nothing.