Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Skinless toe freak


It's never a good sign when you get up in the morning and catch yourself wishing it was evening again and you could get back into to bed.

I look at the signs that indicate my level of stress. And yes. They're all there. No nails, no skin around fingers, no skin around toes (yes, I peel that off as well when I'm really stressed) and everyday I find a couple of new grey hairs. My sister told me that her boyfriend's grandmother got married at 23- grey-haired. I'll aim for the same.

I think I have a new sign to add though - cramps in my right foot. Every night when I fall into bed and nearly slumber in, my foot goes balistic. It hurts like hell and when I look down my toes are all pointing in different directions. It looks really fun. I laugh and then I scream. G. helps me with the two biggest toes and I concentrate on the three smaller ones. We bend them and stretch them and after a while, they calm down. Every single one but the pinky toe. It still points slightly to the right. Even during the day. I look like a freak. A skinless toe-monster.

I should really take more time for my feet. Or for my soul.

Do some zinking, as the French would call it.

By the way, if none of my job prospects work out, I'll start working for real on a French phonetic dictionary. One that would help the English understand the French way of speaking. I have loads of words already, zriller (thriller), zout (thought), zink (think), zmizz (Smith).

It's gonna be a success!

No comments: